Dead by Daylight: How to Play The 5th Anniversary Blood Hunt
Though Dead By Daylight‘s Fifth Anniversary Event is coming to a close, developers at Behaviour Interactive have decided to extend the festivities by hosting a Blood Hunt event during the final weekend of July 2021. Blood Hunts have traditionally accompanied other holiday celebrations and events in Dead By Daylight. Similar to double XP weekends in multiplayer games and MMORPGs, Blood Hunts in Dead By Daylight multiply all Bloodpoints Killers and Survivors earn by a factor of two. This multiplier stacks with other Perks and Offerings that multiply Bloodpoints.
With Bloodpoint earnings maximized during a Blood Hunt event in Dead By Daylight, players can easily farm Bloodpoints to level up multiple Killers and Survivors and create their ideal loadout or reach Prestige. Blood Hunts traditionally run for four days over a weekend. As a special promotion in honor of Dead By Daylight’s Fifth Anniversary, Behaviour Interactive has challenged fans to complete a community challenge to unlock an extra 24 hours for this Blood Hunt. Here’s how to play the Fifth Anniversary Blood Hunt in Dead By Daylight.
The Dead By Daylight Fifth Anniversary Blood Hunt will take place from July 29 to August 1, 2021. However, the fan community can unlock an extension by continuing to compete in the Dead By Daylight Fifth Anniversary event. At the time of writing, the community has collectively unlocked 9,944,502 gold anniversary crowns, an in-game collectible for the Anniversary event. If fans manage to reach the goal of 10 million crowns collected, Behaviour will extend the event, likely to August 2, 2021. Survivors must find and pick up the crown, then escape with it to collect it. Killers only need to find and pick up the crown, then complete the match.
Ahead of the Blood Hunt, both Killers and Survivors may want to stock up on certain Bloodpoint-boosting items. The Fifth Anniversary Sacrificial Cake item, which offers 105% bonus Bloodpoints in all Categories to all Survivors as well as the Killer in a Trial, is good for this event. Other options to collect and save for the Blood Hunt include:
- Escape! Cake: Survivor, Personal; grants 100% bonus Bloodpoints in all Categories
- Survivor Pudding: Killer, Personal; grants 100% bonus Bloodpoints in all Categories
- Bloody Party Streamers: Grants 100% bonus Bloodpoints in all Categories to all Players
- Gruesome Gateau: Grants 103% bonus Bloodpoints in all Categories to all Players
- Ghastly Gateau: Grants 104% bonus Bloodpoints in all Categories to all Players
- Hollow Shell: Personal, Killer; grants 25% bonus Bloodpoints in all Categories
- Sealed Envelope: Personal, Survivor; 25% bonus Bloodpoints in all Categories
- Bound Envelope: Survivor; grants 25% bonus Bloodpoints in all Categories to all Survivors
- Fragrant Primrose Blossom: Survivor, Personal; grants 100% bonus Bloodpoints in the Altruism category
- Fragrant Sweet William: Survivor, Personal; grants 100% bonus Bloodpoints in the Boldness category
- Fragrant Bog Laurel: Survivor, Personal; grants 100% bonus Bloodpoints in the Objectives category
- Fragrant Crispleaf Amaranth: Survivor, Personal; grants 100% bonus Bloodpoints in the Survival category
- Ardent Tanager Wreath: Killer, Personal; grants 100% bonus Bloodpoints in the Brutality category
- Ardent Raven Wreath: Killer, Personal; grants 100% bonus Bloodpoints in the Deviousness category
- Ardent Spotted Owl Wreath: Killer, Personal; grants 100% bonus Bloodpoints in the Hunter category
- Ardent Shrike Wreath: Killer, Personal; grants 100% bonus Bloodpoints in the Sacrifice category
Some items and Add-Ons also reward extra Bloodpoints. For Survivors, using Needle and Thread or Surgical Sutures grants bonus Bloodpoints for succeeding Healing Great Skill Checks. For Killers, these Bloodpoint multiplier items are specific to the Killer’s powers. During the Blood Hunt event, players will want to try to equip as many items and Offerings that multiply Bloodpoints as possible.
There are also Perks that maximize Bloodpoints. These will be especially useful for both Killers and Survivors during the Blood Hunt to stack with the built-in multiplier during the event. These Perks include:
- Barbecue & Chilli (The Cannibal): After hooking a Survivor, all other Survivors’ Auras are revealed for four seconds when they are farther than 40 meters from the Hook. Each time a Survivor is hooked for the first time, gain a stackable 25% bonus to all Bloodpoint gains up to a maximum of 50/75/100%.
- Beast of Prey (The Huntress): Upon gaining Bloodlust Tier 1, the Killer is granted the Undetectable Status Effect for as long as Bloodlust is active. Beast of Prey grants 30/40/50% bonus Bloodpoints for actions in the Hunter Category.
- Distressing: The Killer’s Terror Radius is increased by 22/24/26%. Distressing grants 100% bonus Bloodpoints for actions in the Deviousness Category.
- Hex: Thrill of the Hunt: For each Totem remaining on the Trial Grounds, Hex: Thrill of the Hunt gains one Token. Survivors suffer from a stackable 4/5/6% Cleansing Speed penalty for each Token, up to a maximum of 20/25/30%. Hex: Thrill of the Hunt grants a stackable 10% bonus Bloodpoints for actions in the Hunter Category per Token, up to a maximum of 50%.
- No One Left Behind: Once at least one Exit Gate has been opened, Survivors gain a 30/40/50% Action speed bonus to Unhooking and Healing other Survivors, and the Auras of all other Survivors are revealed to them. No One Left Behind grants 50/75/100% bonus Bloodpoints for actions in the Altruism Category.
- Prove Thyself (Dwight Fairfield): Gain a stackable 15% Repair Speed bonus for each Survivor within four meters of the Survivor, up to a maximum of 45%. Prove Thyself grants 50/75/100% bonus Bloodpoints for cooperative actions.
- We’re Gonna Live Forever (David King): When healing another Survivor in the Dying State, the Survivor’s Healing Speed is increased by 100%. Performing a Safe Hook Rescue, taking a Protection Hit for an Injured Survivor, Stunning the Killer to rescue a carried Survivor, and Blinding the Killer to rescue a carried Survivor each earns one Token. Survivors earn a stackable 25% bonus to all Bloodpoints in all Categories, up to a maximum of 50/75/700%.
Players may consider running at least one of these Perks on their Killer or Survivor builds during the Blood Hunt to earn even more Bloodpoints per match.
To get the most Bloodpoints out of any Dead By Daylight Trial, players should always get involved in the four major activity Categories for Killer or Survivor. For Killers, they will want to find, catch, injure, hook, and kill Survivors, use their special abilities often, and hinder Survivor Objectives by kicking Generators and breaking Pallets. Survivors will want to get involved, not just by repairing Generators, but also by unhooking fellow Survivors, Healing, Cleansing Totems, opening Chests, Sabotaging Hooks, Stunning or Blinding the Killer, exploring the basement, and staying within the Killer’s Terror Radius without being caught. Generally, the longer the Trial lasts, the more Bloodpoints everyone will earn, so players should avoid rushing things and try to get as many objectives completed as possible.
Dead By Daylight is available for PC, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Stadia, & Nintendo Switch.