“Luminous Witches” Silvie Cariello VA Miu Kotosaka Decides to Retire from Voice Acting
Japanese voice actor agency Production A announced today that voice actress Miu Kotosaka has been diagnosed by her doctor as needing medical treatment due to her poor health, and as a result of discussions, she has decided to retire from voice acting to concentrate on her treatment. As of this writing, she has posted no comments on her official Twitter.
She was cast as Silvie Cariello in the forthcoming TV anime Renmei Kuugun Koukuu Mahou Ongakutai Luminous Witches (Allied Air Force Magical Idols Luminous Witches), which is set to premiere in 2022. Also, she performed as a member of the anime's nine-member voice actress unit Luminous Witches since 2019. With her decision to retire, she will also graduate from the unit. Her replacement has not yet been announced.
As we reported last month, Kyo Tachibana, who is cast as Joanna Elizabeth Stafford in the Luminous Witches franchise, has also been taking a hiatus from work due to her health issue, but she is expected to return in the future.
— ルミナスウィッチーズ【公式】 (@LuminousWitch) September 7, 2021
Luminous Witches artist photo:
Luminous Witches members:
- Inori Shibuya: Minako Hosokawa
- Eleonor Giovanna Gashon: Sayaka Tsuzuki
- Ira Peivicki Linnamer: Ryo Mamiya
- Virginia Robertson: Mai Narumi
- Lyudmila Andreyevna Rouslanova: Ami Aimoto
- Maria Magdalene Dietrich: Kana Konaka
- Manaia Matawhaura Hato: Misaki Yuki
- Sylvie Cariello: Miu Kotosaka
- Joanna Elizabeth Stafford: Kyo Tachibana
Source: Production A offficla website
© Production A
©2021 Fumikane Shimada, KADOKAWA/LNAF Aviation Magic Band